Good afternoon! Time for another installment of Food-Tastic Friday. I would love to have all of you play along. It’s a way to get ideas and recipes for what sometimes can be really monotonous: Meal Planning. We plan our menu every week and then grocery shop accordingly. This helps us cut down on costs at the grocery store.
Here are the rules:
- Post your weekly menu
- Post one recipe that you will be making. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy! (you can put a picture up too)
- Link up down in the comment section and put a link to my blog post so everyone can get their culinary creativity juices flowing!
Menu ~ Saturday October 13 ~Friday October 19
Saturday ~ Salsa Couscous Chicken
Sunday ~ Turkey Pot Pie
Monday ~ Roast Beef, Potatoes, Veggie
Tuesday ~ Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup and Fresh Bread
Wednesday ~ Ham and Mushroom Quiche, Salad
Thursday ~ Balsamic Flank Steak, Rice, Veggies
Friday ~ Lasagna & Caesar Salad
I love this time of year, hearty soups and stews are my favourite comfort foods.
We found this recipe at All Recipes for a crockpot Barley Soup. I put the link to the recipe up in the menu, but here’s a copy:
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless lean beef cubed
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cans beef broth
- 6 cups water
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 6 carrots chopped
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup barley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the beef in the oil for 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in the salt, pepper and garlic powder and place seasoned meat in a slow cooker. Add a little water to the skillet and stir to pick up the browned bits. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the broth, water, celery, carrots, green onions, parsley and barley. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables and barley are tender. Add the thyme just before serving.
Sounds yummy, doesn’t it? We’ll let you know!
So, what’s on your menu this week?