I said in my post earlier today that I wanted to have a lazy day…that didn’t happen as planned, LOL.
First I made this Sock Monkey Hat. Isn’t this the cutest thing? This is made for a toddler girl:
Then I made a Mince Pumpkin Loaf that you can find the recipe for on our recipe page:
Then I finished off the purple hat in this custom order…it’s ready to go!
Then I made these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars…so delicious!
Then I made the Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole for dinner. So the lazy day wasn’t so lazy. Poor Amy was sick in bed with a nasty cold, Shane painted. Tomorrow it’s back to work.
I thoroughly enjoyed my long weekend…how about you?
Our Thanksgiving table
Time for another installment of Sunday Night Chit Chat!
What are you…
- Austan asked to read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. There are some books that we insist on reading before the kids do, because we want to make sure we are prepared for any questions and this was one of them. I volunteered to read it. I tried to read it before, but after 3 chapters I had had enough of the main character, so I stopped. I am currently up to chapter 13 and my first impressions are still ringing true and I am not enjoying it at all. Oh well, we all can’t like the same things right? If it gets Austan reading (he is our reluctant reader), then I will read the whole darn series with a
forced smile on my face.
- We ended up watching a wonderful documentary on Kevin Clash called “Being Elmo – A Puppeteers Journey”. The CBC news program “The Passionate Eye” aired it last night. It was wonderful. Shane had no idea that the puppeteer behind Elmo was a 52-year-old African-American man!
- The kids playing and Shane doing dishes
- I did our Turkey dinner with all the trimmings last night and baked 2 pumpkin pies. Not sure that I will bake anything today, I think I want a lazy day, just crocheting.
Happy you accomplished this week?
- Got to scrapbook a bit on Saturday, almost finished a custom order, and we got through Thanksgiving dinner very nicely!
Looking forward to next week?
- Bowling on Friday night and relaxing on Saturday…we’ve hardly had time to think in the last week. I will also look forward to all our cars being fixed, FINALLY!
Thankful for today?
- My beautiful family, my fabulous friends, a job I love, having a roof over my head and being the happiest I have been in years. Life is good 🙂
Bonus Question: Do you “switch out” your purse when the seasons change?
- Yep, I go from a small cross body bag to a bigger purse so I can fit my gloves/mitts in them. My very generous sister gave me one of her gently used Coach purses (actually she gave me two! One I will use next summer because it’s white and light blue), and I just love it!
My “new to me” Coach purse…just LOVE it!
Go on over to visit Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily to see what other people are chatting about and join in!