Wow, it’s been a while eh? It is time for Sunday Night Chit-Chat…for more go visit My 1/2 Dozen Daily.
- not much of anything lately, I have been busy all day and then too tired to read at night (more about the business later)
- Right now the first Harry Potter movie is on the TV. Pretty disappointed that the CBC picked the American version of the movie to play. Did you know that they changed the title and parts of the book for the USA? First off, they changed the Title from Philosopher’s Stone to Sorcerer’s Stone. Here’s a few more changes…it’s pretty interesting
- later tonight I will probably watch Secret Millionnaire and Sister Wives.
- I am not listening right now to anything but the television, but I am very happy that we finally found a country music radio station that doesn’t cut out and in on us. VERY HAPPY…I missed my country music!
- I made a new recipe tonight…Creole Pork. It was very tasty. I haven’t been doing much of the cooking lately as I have been away from the house a lot, so it was nice to cook for the family today.
Happy you accomplished this week?
- We got a few things purchased that we needed for around the house…that’s all.
Looking forward to next week?
- My father coming home from the hospital!! You’ll hear more about this below.
Bonus Question (doing this first because I want to save thankful for last) Best Buy over the last month
- We have been needing new fold up chairs for when we take the kids to the beach, or to the splash pad, you know the ones that fold right up and can be put into a carrying case? We wanted ones with arms and a cup holder, but found them too expensive. Today at Home Depot we found some on sale for $7.99! So we bought 3. The cheapest I have seen them is $14.99, so that’s almost half that.
Thankful for today?
- There are soooo many things I am grateful for this week, I have to say we’ve been blessed. My father went into the hospital on Wednesday for heart surgery. It was a planned surgery as he had a defect in his aortic valve. They were to replace the valve and the aortic root. Two weeks before the surgery, he went for an angiogram and it showed 3 blocked arteries, so they also performed a triple bypass. So here’s my thankful list for today:
- I am thankful for Dr. Ahmed, whose skilled hands performed the surgery. He told my parents that he treats every patient as if they are his parent when they are on his table. He is a phenomenal surgeon with an incredible bedside manner and who is also amazingly humble considering how many lives he saves every year. (could I have used any more adjectives in that sentence?)
- I am thankful for the nurses, who are dedicated and diligent in their duties…especially to his nurse Vladimir, who kept him smiling and brought him a television so he could watch the Blue Jays trounce the Braves today.
- I am thankful for the volunteers at the hospital…they get no pay for what they do, but they sure do work hard to make all the families comfortable while the patient is in surgery and after.
- I am thankful for my step-mother, who takes care of my dad every day, who has spent tireless hours at the hospital. You can tell how much she loves my daddy.
- For our friends and family who sent prayers if they were of the praying kind and positive thoughts if they weren’t. ALL were appreciated.
- Lastly and most importantly, I am thankful for my dad, who is recovering amazingly well for someone who had all that work done. I am thankful he’ll be around for a long time with his new lease on life.
That’s all for me today, it’s been a long week!