It seems that Little Lamb tagged me in a fun meme yesterday. It’s a bit of fun to find out little things about your fellow bloggers, so I am going to participate
Here are the rules…
#1 – Post these rules.
#2 – Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you.
#3 – Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
#4 – Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
#5 – Let them know that you tagged them
1) What do you think is the biggest financial challenge you currently face?
**Right now I think it’s to pay the whopping car repair! The tranny went and the total cost of the fix is $3300…we’ve saved $1800 so far.
2) What is the best money saving tip you can share?
**Menu plan for your meals and shop the outer perimeter of the store…the aisles is where they get you! It means you have to make more from scratch, but it’s worth it.
3) What is the biggest challenge you have faced in your life and how did you overcome it?
**Biggest challenge was to leave my ex-husband. Let’s just say it was not a good environment to raise my kids in. I was very lucky to have the best friends in the world, who opened up their 3 bedroom apartment (which already housed 5 people) to me and my boys. It’s blossomed into the best thing that has ever happened to us. It took me a long time to get up the courage to leave (mental and emotional abuse does a lot to your self-esteem, I totally “get” why lots of women/men don’t leave abusive spouses), but enough was enough and in the end I had to make the decision for my boys.
4) What is your proudest accomplishment?
** Of course I am proud of my babies, but my proudest accomplishment was getting my university degree (B.A.Sc.). I had to work 30 to 40 hours a week, plus carry a full course load for the first 3 years of study. I still managed to graduate with Honours
5) What is the best piece of advise you have been given during your life?
**Only you can make your life better. You cannot depend on anyone else to make it better.
6) What is the best cleaning tip you can share?
**Bwaa haa haa!! What’s cleaning??
7) Do you clean a little each day or save it all for a specific time?
**I can’t answer this very well, because Amy does most of the cleaning around here during the day (she is a SAHM). It depends on how crazy it is around here, sometimes it’s a little each day and sometimes it’s saved up for a few days, lol.
8) What chore is your least favourite and how do you make it more pleasant?
**Least pleasant is the bathroom and there is no way to make that one more pleasant, at least, not in my humble opinion. Well, unless you count making the kids do it???
9) What do you wish you did more often?
**Spend more time with my siblings and other family members.
10) What is one important thing about you that you would like to share?
**I am fiercely loyal and don’t give up on people too easily. If I have cut you out of my life, you have to have done something REALLY severe.
11) What did your mother (or other loved adult) used to do that you always said you would never do yet somehow you do it too?!
**I always said I would never lick my fingers and wipe stuff off my kids mouths and faces. GUILTY as charged!!!
Here are my questions:
1. If you could have 3 people over for a dinner party, who would they be (and a short why)?
2. Who is your favourite author and why?
3. What activities/clubs did you join in High School and what was your favourite
4. Is there a movie that you can watch over and over again and never get sick of it? Why?
5. Do you have any hobbies? Tell us about them.
6. Is there someone from your past that you have lost touch with but would like to have them back in your life…who is it and why?
7. Tell us about your guilty pleasure
8. Do you watch tv? What are your 3 favourite shows (and if you don’t watch tv, tells us why you don’t)
9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. Who do you most admire in your life? Tell us something about that person.
I am tagging the following bloggers (who may have already been tagged, and that’s okay!!):