Over the last few months, we’ve been stocking up on specials at Shopper’s Drug Mart when they have their bonus Optimum Points days. On those days, if you spend $50 or more, you get 20 times the points on your card. We only do this when the specials are good enough and we need what is on sale (generally it’s toilet paper, paper towel, pull-ups, etc). Doing this, our points accumulate very quickly.
We had accumulated just a little over 50,000 points. That would entitle us to $85 in merchandise. This weekend, SDM had their “Bonus Redemption Days”. During this weekend SDM gives us MORE money on those points; $40 more than usual.
We got $125.00 worth of FREE (well, almost free) product today:
- 1 large package of Good Nites (35)
- 1 package Pull-Ups
- 2 4-litre bags of milk (one not shown)
- 2 packages Peak Frean Cookies
- Buckley’s Complete Cold Medication
- Life Brand Sinus Medication Combo Pack
- Two packages Wiskas Cat Treats (Shelby loves these, so we use them for treats…our dog is weird)
- Dr. Scholls Heel inserts
- Venus Razors
- Kotex Feminine Products
- 4 jars of Kraft Peanut Butter ($2.50 each)
- Life brand Decongestant for the kids
- 2 Blistex Lip Medex
- 2 Lady Speedstick anti-perspirant
- 2 lbs of butter
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- Life Brand Cold Medication Combo Pack
Before taxes it came to $125.02. We had to pay the $11.25 in taxes.
I would say that $11.25 is not bad for that haul!
Do you take advantage of your points cards? What’s the best deal you’ve gotten?