I REALLY SUCK at this goal setting stuff. Well, scratch that, I really suck at attaining the goals I set for myself.
Here are my goals and the result of said goals:
1. Decrease the consumer debt by $10,000.
- FAIL ~ our consumer debt is still hovering around $28,000, which means, yes, we’ve spent on credit cards this year. Not a lot, but we’ve only managed minimum payments on most debts. We’re still spending too much…of course our expenses went up some when we purchased the house.
2. Save $1000 into my TFSA
- FAIL ~ I saved about $700, but I also took out some of that money to cover some of our vacation costs
3. Get back on track with the jars
- FAIL ~ we’ve not been using the jars much at all. We’d get back on them for 2 or 3 weeks and we go off them. Which is probably why we failed at goal number 1 up above
4. Lose 50 pounds by December 31, 2011
- FAIL ~ I had lost around 24 pounds as of the end of June. Then I went on vacation, then the kids went back to school, then I stopped moving…I have gained back 8lbs. I am still down 16 pounds from this time last year. My doctor has said she wants to see at least 10 pounds a year for the next 5 years (firm believer in losing it slowly…love my doctor for that), so at least I have achieved her goal, LOL. I would love to try and get back down to the 24 pound loss mark by December 31st, but with Christmas coming, I am not going to hold my breath.
5. Read 50 books in 2011
- FAIL ~ I am reading my 36th book right now. I will cut myself a bit of slack on this one. I made this goal when I was commuting to Toronto on the bus and I was reading a TON. I came back to work in Mississauga (driving, not bussing) so I don’t have as much time to read. Maybe, just maybe, I can make it to 40 by December 31st.
6. Finally do my 12 of the 12th scrapbook pages that I have been wanting to do for the last 2 years and haven’t.
- FAIL ~ Didn’t even get started on this one. I missed January 12th and that was that. Silly me!
I am, in a word, embarrassed!! But I am determined to do better this year!! 2012 is going to be a fresh start.
I am reminded of my favourite quote from the beloved Anne Shirley.
Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.
I am going to think on goals for 2012 and see if I can come up with some realistic and attainable goals. Then I am going to find the gumption to make sure it happens. Change has to come from within.