Ok, I rarely do two blog posts in one day, but I have started on a new challenge, hosted by my fellow blogger, Carla, at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. Last year, Carla lost 50 pounds by totally re-vamping her lifestyle and eating habits. She wants to tone up for summer and has challenged her readers to do the same. If you’d like to read about and/or join her challenge, please click on the picture above for her first post! I believe you have to the end of this week to let her know you’re joining the challenge and then every Monday you post your numbers. For full details, see her blog!
This is her challenge for herself and those participating:
- This will be a 6 week challenge. I think this is long enough to see results & make it a habit!
- Check in every Monday with measurements, weight, & updates on your week. The good, the bad, & the ugly. Nobody is going to judge, we’re all here to support each other and do the very best we can!!
- 8 glasses of water a day! You can count unsweetened tea for this also, so long as its sugar/caffeine free.
- 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day. Minimum.
- Intense calorie burning high intensity exercise 3-4x week to get those results you want to see. I’m sorry, but honestly, 2 workouts a week won’t cut it.
- Ab/toning exercises 3-4x week.
- Avoid processed, fried, sugar laden, junk, refined foods as much as possible. This will make a *huge* difference in your health. If you want to know what difference it will make, my switching over to a clean diet combined with regular exercise allowed me to lose 50lbs in less than 6 months! I honestly believe that cutting the crap from my diet was the biggest & best thing I did for my health & weight loss!
So check back here weekly to see my progress…my Monday posts will be both Menu Plan Monday and Operation Jiggly Bits!
So here are my starting numbers as of today, March 22nd
- Weight: 203 lbs
- Natural waist: 44″
- Lower waist/upper hips: 46 1/2″
- Hips: 49
**I added 2 other measurements that I am going to track for myself (Carla only asks us to track the above for the challenge):
- Bust: 49″
- Bicep: 14
I think this is going to be a fun challenge! I don’t even care if I win, I just want to get healthy. Thanks, Carla, for helping me with a bit of motivation!!
***I have started a fitness/weightloss blog for the purposes of this challenge. Come see me at The Quest for Skinny Pants