Thinking about goals for the year 2010 also got me thinking about things I want to accomplish before I leave this earth. Of course, when I think of this, I think of the Morgan Freeman/Jack Nicholson movie “The Bucket List” (I heart Morgan Freeman). If you haven’t seen it and have a couple of hours, watch it…it’s funny and touching. The 2 main characters meet in a cancer ward and set out together with a list of things to do before they ‘kick the bucket’. I have a Bucket List of sorts, in my head, so I thought I would take the time to write them out here. I don’t think that I will be able to accomplish all of them, but I would like to hope I can accomplish most of them. Some are should be very simple to accomplish, others might prove to be a little more difficult. It’s certainly not complete…I imagine I will add to them as I go along.
- Watch my children become competent, compassionate, and successful adults
- Make peace with my past and get rid of the demons
- Skate on the Rideau Canal in our nation’s capital
- Visit Prince Edward Island
- See the Rocky Mountains – CHECK – went to Banff with Amy a few years back (see pictures at bottom)
- See a Broadway Musical
- Take a tour of Europe and see the Eiffel Tower
- See Disneyworld through the eyes of a child (hopefully my own kids, if not, my grandchildren)
- See an Opera…I have never been to an opera
- Watch an Olympic event LIVE IN PERSON
- Go on an Alaskan cruise
- Go to England and spend some time in the towns and cities that my ancestors are from (St. Albans, Norwich, etc.)
- Put my hands over Judy Garland’s handprints at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood (weird, but I am a huge fan, lol)
- Take a cake decorating class, or two.
- See a National Ballet of Canada production of ‘The Nutcracker’ at Christmastime
- See the Grand Canyon
- Go to the Daytona 500
- Attend Canada Day celebrations at Parliament Hill in Ottawa
So, to my readers and fellow bloggers, what’s on YOUR Bucket List??
Here’s Amy and I in Banff, Alberta, August 2008: